25 July, 2008

Another night finding the homeless not in view

I go out most nights on to the streets of this big city to find out why people are now sleeping rough out of sight. Most people say it's from being woken up and told to move on, which most councils and police deny. Its that it was him not me thing that's going about. Why can't someone just say we are trying to clear the streets of homeless and get them somewhere safe which is of course what we have heard before and its only another little white lie as we know there are not enough spaces in hostels and there are few night shelters. It does seem to me that we are going backwards to the old days when they used to hose down the streets to move people on which by the way was barbaric> how does it end ? who knows ?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I know about being homeless.
My Home aint of earth.
And I can see you gotta
lotta moxie for what you do.
Bravo!

But, yet, the poor shall be with
U.S. always, Jesus shall not.
Exactly Y we must reach-out
to show our faith AND good deeds
to be rewarded at death's hour.

Meet me Upstairs someday, dear.
Let's gitta BIG-OL-BEER at the pub.
Gotta lotta tok about
describing all the things we wanna
accomplish for the length N breadth
of everlasting to everlasting.

'the more you shall honor Me,
the more I shall bless you'
-the Infant Jesus of Prague

Cya soon...