11 April, 2006

Not a good day

Today was not such a good day. I was out doing market research or whatever it was supposed to be but there I was talking to homeless people I know and for the first time in a long time I felt good. People that knew me were telling me how well I have done. Which was funny because I hardly knew some of them. I think we did well to talk to so many in such a short space of time but it wasn't that which disturbed me it was the man that died of a heart attack in Charing Cross station. There we were having a cup of coffee and talking. Then when we walked out, on the floor some medics were trying to revive someone. The woman behind me said it was a normal thing to see as it was probably some drug addict. That comment sort of woke me up to the fact that I was once a drug addict and had been one for some while. It didn't affect me until I got home. That was when I started to think about all the times I had overdosed and by some miracle I was still here. It's funny but I seem to have spent years surviving, not living life to it's fullest. So today was a not so good day but one to note as I suddenly realized we all have one thing in common and that is everything must end for us all. It was this that got me to thinking that no matter what, whether we are rich or poor. We all end up the same. Some of us have regrets and some off us have left undone the things we could have done so easily but that's life. Gone in the blink of an eye.

1 comment:

womble said...

That's very philosophical, Jamie, but very true. Live every day like it's your last, because one day it will be!