07 March, 2006

Just me and my way of thinking

For years and years I have been known as a half wit, just plain dumb and unintelligent. For someone that is supposed to be as thick as two short planks. I think I am doing ok. I have my own way of provoking thoughts from people but I can't seem to get what I am trying to say across to these so called clever people especially those at NTL my phone company. They do say if you don't at first succeed try and try again. For the last year I have been trying to get the message across to everybody that homeless people are just people with problems. Maybe some are addicts and some alcoholics. Some are just plain and simply homeless. They all have the one thing in common and that is that they are homeless and that is the only thing. All human being are just people and everyone is unique but there are a few of us that some would say suffer from addictive personalities. Lets use the internet as an example there are so many people chatting on sights that I wouldn't but they can become quite addictive like some of the game sights. Imagine talking to a different woman every night of the week. Well what can you say? The next thing you are doing is having cyber sex and to get that far you must have some sort of addictive personality. Well it works the same for addicts after a while you become addicted to whatever your taking. Habits are hard to break and that is the thing that I think we have to work harder on. When you switch a light on you know what's going to happen it's basically the same with our brains. Once you learn that certain things trigger what happens to you. It's a matter of relearning how to avoid using that trigger. Sounds easy? It's not. It's a lot of hard work all round but it's a lot better than shoving people in a rehab and releasing them back into society unprepared.

1 comment:

womble said...

Jamie, you speak so much common sense and have such insight. I feel privileged just to read your blog. Keep up the good work and if you need help with NTL then leave me a message.