21 June, 2005

Council Property Tax

Local councils around the country are always thinking up ways of getting higher taxes. What gets me is why isn't there a fairer tax system? Where everyone pays the bloody same. For instance, you buy a house for lets say for £250,000. After paying all the taxes due when buying the bloody thing. You are expected to pay more taxes on a yearly basis just for the right to live in it basically. I don't know much about buying a house as I know I have no chance acquiring the money to buy one, unless I win the lottery and considering I don't do it that's bloody unlikely. If I brought a house, I know I'd have to pay tax but I would expect it to be a far one and the same as everyone else. .We are supposed to be a society that believes in fairness. So I don't see what the problem is? The question is why should someone who lives just across the road in the same size house pay less than any other or someone who has got money and the house to go with it? Why should they pay more for a house that's already costing them a fortune in its up keep? We never had these problems years ago. Since councils have been able to get their hands on peoples money there has been increase in housing tax every bloody year. If these councils learned to spend wisely like people do.Then we wouldn't have to charge so bloody much. I think we should make housing tax fairer. The complaint we have now is that labour are trying to give people in labour held areas cheaper rates and it does seem that the middle class will be paying for it and that's not fair. I believe there are at least sixty million people in this country and if everyone payed the same. Okay some people would have to pay more but at least they'd know they are not being over charged and we wouldn't have the complaints we have now. I think it's that simple. We need to find out what people can afford not the size of the property. A standard rate for everyone is I believe the only way forward. We are already being taxed up to the hilt by the government who make no pretence about it. So why are we being taxed by local councils as well but more slyly. I have said so many times instead of expensive contractors who in the early days where cheaper than employing people, but now it's getting more and more expensive. Plus these private contrators are making a fortune off councils, use the hidden work force we have signing on. It could be a solution.

No comments: