28 November, 2005

Not a member of the street anymore

Going out and about on the streets at night is not one of my favorite past times but, if it gives people an insight as to the way some people have to live, then it's worth it.
Sometimes when I sit and talk to homeless people I am always reminded how lucky I am and that this was once me. The funny thing is that I am now asking homeless people what they think of the government's ideas on homelessness and about new technology. Usually the looks and answers I get to the last question about technology is a sort of alien from outerspace I'm going to kill you look and who the frig wants to know about frigging technology? I'm freezing and just about surviving answer.
This weekend for me has been one of those weekends. I was told in no uncertain terms that I was no longer a street person because I no longer have to worry about surviving the streets or being cold or where my next hot meal is coming from. I'm one of the norm. Whatever that means? So this week I thought I'd go in a kind of circle and find out what homeless people think of people in flats and we already know some of the answers. What people in hostels think of homeless people and people in flats as they seem to be the people that are now stuck in the middle so to speak and they have their own insight into what they want and how things should be. Then I want to interview someone who is in a new flat and what they now think of homeless people. I think that we shall get some suprising answers.

No comments: