12 November, 2005

Still awake

Yes, it's Saturday morning and I am still wake. It's funny but some nights I can't sleep because it feels like I'm afraid I am going to miss something. I mean if you look at it the way I do. I have been asleep for almost 39yrs. You might think I am mad or something but that's what drugs do to you. You're so busy getting high then busy trying to stay normal, life just flies by. That's why I say I have been in a sort of comatosed sleep. People ask me whether I think about my past and do I have regrets? Of course I do I wouldn't be normal if I didn't but I don't dwell on it. There's no point. I just get on with what I have to do and that's living but this time things are so different. Even over the last year change has been one of the things I can see.
Writing the blog is one of the things that I am most proud of. Going for job interviews is another. Having a circle of friends that don't judge me and I love the way I can write about anything I want and that people do understand me. I like giving homeless people a voice. Which they have never had and that's what my blog is all about. Listening to the people that matter. I smile because it does not take a genius to know that if you are trying to represent people. Then you have to listen. It's something this government should learn to do and not only listen but try to do what's asked instead of trying to guess what people want. I hear people say they wouldn't mind a penny more in tax and if that's what it takes to start to put things right for this country, then it should be done. I am not a great fan of new Labour and I don't like some of the ideas new Labour are coming up with like this kinder garden teaching thing. My own view is we should let children be children because they only get once chance at it. Well I am going to try and get some sleep but I thought I'd let you know what I was thinking about

No comments: