15 May, 2005

JUST THINKING

I was just thinking about how unfriendly people in Britain have become. Everyday you read or hear about someone being murdered. The latest being the two girls one dead and the other just about living.
What has happened to our society?
Are we too soft on crime and punishment?
Should we go back to the days of a life for a life?
In my teens from what can remember of them we had queer bashing, paki bashing, sorry for the words I use but that is what we called it then. Rarely was it fatal. Ok it wasn't the right thing to do but compared with what's happening today. What can you say most times today if you get attacked you die or are seriously injured.
Most of the people I've spoken to say, tougher sentences, longer prison terms and when someone gets life it should mean life. I wonder do you agree.

No comments: